Sunday, September 09, 2007

Onboard

My very first time onboard Superstar Virgo began with a send-off by my bro and his wife in Harbourfront Centre. Wheeling a hand luggage and lugging a small backpack and a shopping bag, me and my mum are heading for a 4D/3N cruise holiday to Penang, Phuket and back to Singapore.

The passengers consisted mainly of corporate/tour groups of Caucasians, Indians, Japanese and the rest families and couples-both young and old. Cruise staffs are even more diversed, not to mention good looking (right to the security officers..pardon me for being shallow-minded) and friendly.

We checked in into our lovely room with oceanview window and very near one of the 3 lifts. It was very colorful, clean and spacious enough for two. However, the bathroom was a bit cabin-like, nevertheless the designer fittings and spartan clean condition made it luxuriously indulgent for me to spend a fair bit of time in it each day.

I would recommend it for couples going for a leisurely time-out. This is definitely neither for the fast paced nor for sightseeing, the hours allotted for land tours in Penang and Phuket are too limited. Priority to disembark is given to those who hooked themselves with land tour offered onboard. So passengers like yours truly have to wait about 1 to 1.5hours later, cutting in into precious land hours.

Overall, good food, clean decks, luxurious interiors, enough entertainment to keep you occupied and enough camaraderie to be passed around among passengers.

So that’s my complimentary marketing for Star Cruise for today.

No comments: