Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Metaphor

Today is the day that started it all. I am backdating this post to January 12. A day that will mark my anniversaries from now on. The whole day's event was very vague, but I remembered that it was a Saturday and that I was working, extra busy with the year-end closing. Reached home at about 5, and before I get the chance to shower, he is already at the door step. My always-lovely-always-energetic housemates were busy cooking up a storm in the kitchen but S feeling obliged, led him into playing Xbox. I was immensely shy still, but I just had to be..myself. After my quick shower and noting that dinner is still not ready, we went downstairs for coffee. Before long, we were all seated in the dinner table with my housemates, A&S and their good old friend, W, S's cousin and her partner, and S's colleague later into the night. We chatted and played Wii throughout the night, it was really fun and bonded me and him alot. At about 2, he received a call from home, but I can clearly tell he isn't interested to leave yet. Somehow between breaks, both of us managed to squeeze into my room and we started to talk personally. It must have been the influence of alcohol and perhaps some "charm" in the food that A cooked (as A claimed), he started to lean forward to peck my lips. I remembered being shocked, but in a pleasant demeanor. Before long, we were hugging one another, unwilling to let go of someone I've been wanting for so long, yet I do not understand or was not able to uncover the science of attraction. But it was an answered prayer. And I couldn't thank the Lord more. He still had to leave for home and promised he will spend more time with me next. Months after as I write this, I can only say I love this man more and more with each passing day, and as I slowly evolve into this relationship, I began to understand what it means that when you love, you accept every flaw that comes with him with a open heart. Acceptance is a very big part that contributes to the success of a relationship. XOXO

No comments: